Construction Industry Training Board
The Construction Industry Advisory Body (IAB)
CITB has the role of Industry Advisory Body (IAB) for the construction industry in South Australia. As the construction IAB, CITB provides advice to the Government on matters relating to Training Package development, training more generally and workforce development.
What is Workforce Development
Workforce development is a broad concept that aims to improve entire industry workforces by an assortment of strategies and techniques including population policy, migration initiatives, health and retirement policies, industrial and human resource policies as well as training policies.
Within the Construction Industry, workforce development includes:
- plan - workforce planning
- attract - attracting people to the industry
- recruit - source, screen, select, induct
- manage - personnel management
- develop - training and experience
- retain - work retention strategies
- return - keeping older workers